Sunday 26 August 2012

Our favourite genre - Top 3 speaks

Indian Idol is a stage whereon you cannot just stick on to your comfort zone. It is a stage where versatility and best performances matter the most. And our Top 3 contestants showcased their versatility on this stage in every galas they performed.

But what are their personal favourite genres? In a small chat, we asked our Top 3 contestants, Vipul Mehta, Amit Kumar and Devendra Pal, about their favourite genre.

Devendra shared, “I like more of Sufi and Classical, and I would like to sing more of that. I am trained in classical and would like to learn more in that.”
“I like every genre and I can’t pick one genre I like. Ever since I had come here, I have tried different genres and the judges have also commented that I am a versatile singer. I just hope that I do justice to all the songs I select. Apart from that, my favourite singer is Sukhwinder Singh and his style inspires me a lot “, Vipul spoke.
Amit shared, “I like singing a lot of Sufi songs and my favourite singer in this genre is Ustaad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. I also like the songs composed by Master Salim.”

Watch the Top 3 with popular Bollywood singers tonight at 8:30 pm only on Indian Idol 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment