Monday 11 June 2012

“R. D. Burman is my idol” - Anu Malik

From the thumping ‘oonchi hain building’ and ‘ek garam chai ki pyaali ho’  to the melodious ‘sandesein aate hain’ and ‘panchi nadiyaan’; Anu Malik has created diverse masterpieces in more than 30 years of his music career. But who inspired him to create such masterpieces?


Well, the man speaks himself, “I have several idols and it is tough to pick one. I would start with my father, because he taught me everything.”
“But other than that, I do feel that the person I started idolizing, as a composer, was R. D. Burman. I got freaked out when I heard his ‘Oh Haseena Zulfon Wali’. And the moment I heard ‘Chingaari Koi Bhadke’, I wondered who could be the man, who composed two different genres of music so beautifully. I decided to be like him and worship R. D. Burman as my idol”, singed off Anu Malik.

With a perfect idol as his inspiration, Anu Malik is all set to select the singing sensation of India.

Do not forget to catch Anu Malik on Indian Idol 6 only on Sony Entertainment Television.

No comments:

Post a Comment