Friday 8 June 2012

“It is more of a responsibility than elation”- Indian Idol 6


‘Sar pe dupatta hain, pehani hain salwar kameez, tumhe gaane ki hain bohut tameez.’ There is only one man from the Indian Idol family who can present it the best.
Six years and counting, Anu Malik can rightly be called as the face of Indian Idol. The versatile composer has been with the show since the beginning of Indian Idol in 2004. Be it the other judges or the anchors, Anu Malik has witnessed all ups and downs that the show and the contestants have gone through. So, has it been easy being a judge of a singing reality show that upturned the history of Indian television?



We let the versatile composer speak himself… “It feels more of a responsibility rather than feeling elated about it. Because, elation comes when we give one hit show after another. Indian Idol, when started, got an outstanding response. Second season was good, but the third season was again great. Again, the fifth season was outstanding,” says Anu ji.
He further adds, “As a judge, this is my sixth season and for me, I think I should thank the people of India. Because, somewhere they must have liked something about me; either my shayari or my goodness or even my straight forwardness. When people switch on television and watch the show and our comments, they do feel that ‘arre yeh toh main bhi bol sakta hun’. So there have been times when I had put in my anger and there were times when I laughed and cracked my shayaris. With this, I show my judging in a different andaaz. Hence it is a great feeling to be part of the show with more responsibility. This is the sixth season and the singers we have got, are absolutely fantastic.”
Being in the industry for years now, the singer/composer has moulded amateur singers into professionals every season of the show.
Catch Anu Malik along with Sunidhi and Salim every Friday and Saturday at 8:30 pm on Indian Idol 6 only on Sony Entertainment Television.

No comments:

Post a Comment